Wednesday 9 February 2011

Chinese New Year Holiday

On Chinese New Year’s Eve, Mum, my brother and I went to grandma’s  place at six o’clock.  Almost immediately, My brother and I hurried to the sofa and watched the television.  Later on, my dad, uncles and aunties came to Grandma’s place too.  We had dinner together which is a Chinese tradition on that day.  In the middle of the dinner, Granddad came back to join us for dinner but he left early to drive the taxi.  After that, we went on to watch the television.  Then, my brother and I played Google Map on the computer.  We navigated to our church from my home and back to home again.  After that, we charted our route to Tsim Sha Tsui but got lost soon.  When we finished, Dad, Mum, my brother and I went to the Chinese New Year fair.  There were a lot of people.  We did not buy anything.  I felt tired and we went home.  When I went to bed, I still felt quite full.

The next day, we had sticky rice cake, water chestnut cake, tora cake, turnip cake and tea for breakfast.  After that, I played with my mini yellow bouncy ball which I picked up on a street in Sydney last summer holiday.  I can play many games with the ball -- for example, the mini yellow bouncy ball can be played as a basketball, football, badminton, bowling and more.  I felt a little exhausted after playing it .  Then, we went to Grandma’s place again.  When Dad, Mum and Grandma left, my brother and I watched a movie.  It was called Monster VS Alien.  I watched it before when I flew to London on a study trip during the summer holiday two years ago.  It was exciting and funny but I felt bored because I had watched it before.  When  Dad, Mum and Grandma came back, I played the Google Map on the computer again.  This time, I navigated to the Hong Kong International Airport.  At night, we had dinner in a restaurant nearby with my uncles and aunties.  I did not eat a lot because I was very full.  I had a joyful day.

On the second day of the Chinese Newhappy Year, we had sticky rice cake, water chestnut cake, tora cake, turnip cake and tea for breakfast. Then, I did some holiday homework.  In the evening, Dad, Mum, my brother and I went to my auntie’s place in Tsing Yi by MTR train.  I ate some snacks there.  At night, we had dinner in a restaurant nearby.  The food was yummy.  I felt happy that day.

On the third day of the Chinese New Year, we had sticky rice cake, water chestnut cake, tora cake, turnip cake and tea for breakfast again!  Then, I did some holiday homework and studied.  At lunchtime, we went to Yum Cha in a restaurant on Nathan Road with Grandma.  Then, we went to the Cherry Street Park to take some photos.  We also caught eight ants and a mantis  which we put in the Ant Artist box Dad, my brother and I bought it in Toysrus before.  I felt half bored and half happy that day.

The next day, we went to church in the morning.  My brother and I did not have the Awana class because it was off during Chinese New Year holiday.  However, we had the service.  In the afternoon, Dad, Mum, my brother and I had Yum Cha in a restaurant with my uncles, aunties and cousins.  After that, we went to my auntie’s place.  My brother, cousins and I watched the Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.  It was great.  About four o’clock,  Dad, Mum, my brother and I went to a home for the aged in Kwun Tong which my great grandma lived.  She is very old now.  I also ate some snacks and watched a cartoon on the television there.  It was Pokamon.  In the evening, we rode a taxi to my auntie’s place in Ngau Tau Kok.  Again we watched another movie, the Astro boy.  At dinnertime, we went to a “daipaidong” restaurant nearby.  I had a satisfying day. 

I had a happy holiday except for eating too many    sticky rice cake, water chestnut cake, tora cake and turnip cake for breakfast.  And I found that the eight ants and the mantis had a fight on the fourth day of the Chinese New Year.  The mantis won and all the ants died.

cny-cake-fired2[1]

P2094867
P2094871
P2094865

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did have a colourful Chinese New Year holiday. I bet that your stomach is feeling funny after eating so much during the holiday.

Timothy said...

I think my stomach is not so feeling funny after eating so much during the holiday.