Sunday 20 November 2011

Four Seasons

HKCO19Nov11

I am in the school strings.  Our conductor is Woo, who is also the soloist and conductor of the Hong Kong Chamber Orchestra. On Saturday night (19 November 2011), it presented Vivaldi’s Four Seasons at the St. Margaret’s Church in Happy Valley.  My parents and I attended the concert.

The St. Margaret’s Church is a beautiful old building, sitting on the top of a flight of stairs.  It is pale in colour and western in style.  There have been four occasions when I came across similar buildings.

The Hong Kong Chamber Orchestra composes of roughly 30 musicians.  That night they played a number of songs, including the Orchestra member, Austin Yip’s Psalm 61, Vivaldi’s Four Seasons and the fifth season – the Angry Bird tune.  They put up a very good performance.  The songs lifted up my soul.

Well done, Woo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Welcome back, my dear author. You have been silent for quite some time. You must be less busy now. Great that you like the Four Seasons. I think Vivaldi is truly a music genius.